Dr. Barbara Lesco was born in New Bedford, Massachusetts and received her B.A. in Biology from Boston University. She graduated with multiple honors from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in 1977. She then spent a year at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore as a dental general practice resident and returned to the dental school for her training in periodontics. After graduation, Dr. Barbara Lesco taught full time for four years in the Department of Periodontics at the University of Maryland Dental School and has continued to teach part time in the Periodontics Post Graduate Clinic. In 1984, she opened her own practice limited to Periodontics in the Inner Harbor area.
Dr. Barbara Lesco has developed expertise in all phases of periodontics with a special interest in the regeneration of bone and soft tissues, implant dentistry and microsurgical enhanced periodontics.
Dr. Barbara Lesco's Academic Background:
- Certificate in Periodontics - University of Maryland Dental School
- Dental General Practice Residency - Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
- Doctor of Dental Surgery - University of Maryland Dental School
- Assistant Clinical Professor - Department of Periodontics University of Maryland Dental School
- Co-Founder of the Gerald M. Bowers Study Club in Periodontics
- Member - American Academy of Periodontics
- Member - American Dental Association
- Member - Maryland State Dental Association
- Member - Baltimore City Dental Association
- Member - Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry
- Named Top Dentist Baltimore Magazine